OVERVIEW OF M&P GROUP
Maurel & Prom is an oil and gas exploration and production company listed on the regulated market of Euronext Paris.
With a history of almost two centuries, Maurel & Prom has, both at its headquarters in Paris and in its subsidiaries, a solid technical expertise and a long operational experience, especially in Africa. The Group has a portfolio of high - potential assets focused on Africa and Latin America, consisting of both production assets and opportunities in the exploration or appraisal phase.
The Group also holds a 20.46% stake in Seplat, one of Nigeria’s main operators that is listed on the stock exchanges of London and Lagos.
Maurel & Prom also has financial support from its majority shareholder, the Indonesian national oil company Pertamina.
production M&P share H1 2020
Sales H1 2020
employees (90% in Africa)
WI gross 2P reserves at 31/12/19
production M&P share S1 2020
Cash position at 30 June 2020
- Return to exploration: Gabon, France, Sicily
- First volumes traded by M&P Trading
- Acquisition of Shell’s stake in the Urdaneta West field in Venezuela
- Entry into Angola
- Creation of M&P Trading
- Close of the takeover bid by the Pertamina Group, which now holds 72.65% of M&P
- Launch of Pertamina Group's takeover bid for M&P shares
- Merger-absorption of MPI
- Signature of a new production sharing agreement (PSA) at Ezanga in Gabon
- Signature of a gas sale agreement in Tanzania
- Sale of Sabanero in Colombia
- Entry into Myanmar and Canada
- Spin-off of Maurel & Prom Nigeria (MPN), later renamed MPI
- Entry into Nigeria with SEPLAT
- Sale of Hocol Colombia to Ecopetrol
- Discovery of Onal in Gabon and Ocelote in Colombia
- Sale of M’Boundi and Kouakouala to ENI
- Entry into Peru
- Entry in Gabon and Tanzania
- Entry into Colombia and Venezuela through the purchase of Hocol
- Discovery of M’Boundi in Congo
- Creation of Maurel & Prom, an operator of shipping lines between France and West Africa
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with M&P news.